Febuary 18 and 19, 2023 - Mushrooms hunter-gatherer (3 Days) - DEPOSIT
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PRICE OF THE COURSE IS 320.00$ PLUS TAX. By registering here, you will be paying the deposit only. You will receive a bill with the balance to be paid two weeks before the course date.
*The workshop will be given in French but the instructor is bilingual and will be able to answer questions in English.
Goal: To acquire the basic skills of foraging and processing wild mushrooms and of guiding groups on recreational foraging excursions.
Trainers: Biologist, certified trainer of mushroom gatherers, assisted by specialists in related fields.
Cost: $320 (50$ deposit upon registration, the balance payable 2 weeks before the event) this includes a text book and a forest excursion. For more information, visit the Mycoboutique or call 514 223 6977.
Participants: at least ten participants who enjoy the outdoors and hiking, want to pick and sell wild mushrooms and/or to practice mycotourism.
Note: Basic knowledge of French is advisable.
Dates: In French, Saturday and Sunday from 8:45 am to 4:30 pm + an excursion at a convenient date chosen by the participant from our 2023 excursion program. Within a year of this excursion date, participants must pass a test to get our certification.
Location: A conference room near Mycoboutique's shop.
- Goals and Expectations 8:45-9:15 am
- The Fungi Kingdom 9:15-10:00 am
- Allergies and Poisoning 10:00-11:15 am
- Good Practices 11h15-12h00 am
- Identification 1:00-2:30 pm
- Gastronomical Species of North Eastern North America 2:45-4:30 pm
- Edible Species 8:45-10:00 am
- Medicinal Species 10:15-11:30 am
- Forest Access and Safety 11:30-12:30 pm
- Handling, Shipping and Conservation 1:30- 3:00 pm
A day (10 am- 3 pm) with an organized group on a scheduled excursion, between May and Oct. 2023.
A certificate confirms attendance and completion of exam; all questions regarding toxicity should be correctly answered (100%).