Ginger Lemongrass Chicken with Shitake
- Preparation: 4.5 hrs
- Cooking: 30 min
- Portions: 4
- 4 to 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 125g of dried cha soba noodles
- 12 shitake caps
- 10ml sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 200ml ponzu sauce (lime, vinegar and soy sauce)
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1 small basket of green shiso leaves *
- 1 lemongrass stem*
- 1 (3cm) piece of ginger, minced *
- 40ml sunflower oil*
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar*
Place the marinade ingredients * in a food processor. And blend them until a smooth sauce is produced.
Place the chicken breasts in a pan and cover them with the marinade. Cover the pan with saran wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours
In a large pot, bring slightly salted water to a boil, add the noodles and mix well. Bring the water to a boil again and add a glass of cold water. Repeat two times. Then rinse the noodles under running water to remove any starch.
Brown the chicken breasts on the grill. At the same time, thickly slice the shitakes and sauté them in a non stick frying pan with 10ml of sunflower oil.
Let them cool off for a bit, and then serve with the chicken breasts. Enjoy!
Source : Champignons, Guy Saint-Jean éditeur 1999