The Art of Natural Cheesemaking Using Traditional, Non-Industrial Methods and Raw Ingredients to Make the World's Best Cheeses
Langue : Anglais
ISBN : 9781603585781
Auteur : David Asher
Maison d'édition : Chelsea Green Publishing
Année de parution : 2015
Pages : 320
Livre aussi disponible en français
Description : Including more than 35 step-by-step recipes from the Black Sheep School of Cheesemaking.
This book encourages home and small-scale commercial cheesemakers to take a different approach by showing them:
- How to source good milk, including raw milk;
- How to keep their own bacterial starter cultures and fungal ripening cultures;
- How make their own rennet—and how to make good cheese without it;
- How to avoid the use of plastic equipment and chemical additives; and
- How to use appropriate technologies.